Help change font size and color
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

spencebj
Participating Member

8 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2004 :  19:08:16  Show Profile
I have somehow changed the font size of my desktop Icons so that that they have black lettering until I click on them. Then the entire wording changes to white and disappears.

It does the same thing when I click on any & all other choices....such as chosing Wordpad, Paint, etc.

Let that be a lesson to me......No Fooling Around.

This is fun...I'll have to do this more often.

I would like to hide my ignorance by signing this Zorro but guess I be honest,

B J Spence

Terry
Operating Member

383 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2004 :  23:41:40  Show Profile  Visit Terry's Homepage
Hi Zorro,
Betty, if you have inadvertently changed the font color of your desktop icons, you should be able to change them to something more to your liking by opening the control panel, go to "Display" and then click the appearance tab.

From here it might be up to you to do some detective work. In Windows XP, you can click the down arrow at the right of a selection box (where the default selection is "Desktop") and find "icon" in the available selections. Next, there is a button called "Advanced" over to the right side of the window. Clicking it gives you options to change font size and color.

I think it is somewhat different in Win 98, but the size and color of desktop icons can be changed from this same location in Win 98.

A little help from anyone using Win 98 would be appreciated.

Win XP Pro, 512mb RAM, 500mhz Intel Pentium 3 processor, AOL (YUCK!) slow dial up
Happy Computing
Terry
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ICON Computer Users Group © Interactive Computer Owners' Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000