Printing good pictures
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Linda
Supporting Member

105 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2004 :  22:27:07  Show Profile
I have a canon i560 printer and when I print on portrait paper or matte or even plain paper the image comes out very good. When I print on the glossy paper I get lines through it. Anyone know why?

Linda
WinXP Home 2002, 256 MB Slowdial

D.Oliver

868 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2004 :  22:55:29  Show Profile
It sounds like your ink is running low. Might need to buy more.

My $.02

David
No animals were injured in the production of this e-mail... Win XP-Home Athlon 512MB 2-Way Satellite
Go to Top of Page

Terry
Operating Member

383 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2004 :  07:58:56  Show Profile  Visit Terry's Homepage
Hi Linda,
The lines you see are spaces between the rows of ink sprayed by the printer on each pass. The softer faced paper absorbs more of the ink and allows it to spread out, filling in these gaps.

Your i560 is not considered a photo printer but will do a reasonably good job if you work at it. First, clean the print nozzles per the instruction manual.

When you get ready to print your photo, don't use the print function from your toolbar, click "File" on the menu bar and select "Print" on the menu. You will get a dialog box with various options. Find "Properties" and click it. From there you should be able to select higher or lower quality printing and the type of paper you are using. "High" quality means slower and will put down more ink, brightening colors and reducing, or eliminating, the lines you are seeing. Choosing "Glossy" in the paper type selection will also tell the printer to adjust the amount of ink to use.

Hope this helps!

Happy Computing
Terry

Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you are absolutely right!
Win XP Pro, 512mb RAM, 500mhz Intel P3, 128kbps cable access
Go to Top of Page

D.Oliver

868 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2004 :  22:43:12  Show Profile
<sheesh> Me and my simplistic answers.

Thank you, Terry. That was excellent. My problem is that I gave up my color printer a while back and use only my laser printer now.

David
No animals were injured in the production of this e-mail... Win XP-Home Athlon 512MB 2-Way Satellite
Go to Top of Page

Linda
Supporting Member

105 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2004 :  21:07:45  Show Profile
Yes, David, that's about what it was worth too!
Thanks, Terry, I'll try that!

Linda
WinXP Home 2002, 256 MB Slowdial
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ICON Computer Users Group © Interactive Computer Owners' Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000