Practice Posts
 Address Book
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Charles

4 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2004 :  20:43:39  Show Profile

Have windows 98 original with AT&Tas internet server. On the rare occasion I want to forward and e-mail to some of my friends I can select them but when I push the send button I get a window that may show a name listed three or four times, each with the same e-mail address wanting me to click on the one I want to use. I have possibly done something in my address book that is causing this. How do I correct it?

D.Oliver

868 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2004 :  18:27:43  Show Profile
Hi Charles,

It sounds like you have entered more than one email addres for some of your friends. I do too. But if you do this, and you typed their name in the "TO:" area of the message, your email client is going to select the first email address listed for that person and put it in the "TO:" area. It selects, for its list, the name you typed and any other name that contains what you typed.

When you press "SEND" the email client (Outlook Express, Outlook, etc.) sees there are more than one address for that person and will ask you to select which address you want to send it to.

One way to overcome this is to alter the person's name slightly (say, enter their first name only instead of their first and last name, etc.) and use a different email address for each spelling.

Another way to overcome this is to type the email address you want instead of typing their name. Then you wouldn't get the request to select from a choice when you press "SEND."

The third way to avoid this would be to, instead of typing anything in the "TO:" box, click on the word "TO:" and select the right name/address combo from the address book.

Hope this helps...

David
I believe in keeping an open mind, but not so open that my brains spill out... Win XP-Home Athlon 512MB 2-Way Satellite
Go to Top of Page

yulsa

1 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  00:34:39  Show Profile
I can suggest try it...
[URL=http://www.oemailrecovery.com]Repair Outlook Express and Windows Address Book tools.[/URL] - Repair and recovery Outlook Express folders and emails. Undelete Outlook Express messages. Recovering and repairing Windows Address Book.
and
[URL=http://www.mail-repair.com]Easy Outlook Express repair tools.[/URL] - Repairing a damaged or corrupted Outlook Express folders ands messages.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ICON Computer Users Group © Interactive Computer Owners' Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000