Picasa 2
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ExVeep
Operating Member

289 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2005 :  19:53:36  Show Profile
I read an article in the New York Times written by their chief Tech writer concerning a digital imaging program that is free download from Google. It looks like something very worth while. I will send an e-mail to Terry, Sarah, and Mick as you three attend most of the sigs and you can bring it up at the correct one. I will attach the article from the Times (written in MSWord 2000.) Thought I would notify you all here so you would not be afraid to open the attachment from me. Hi Mick I'll send it to anyone else that requests it.

Charles a.k.a. Exveep

Tho' he might be more humble,
There's no Police like Holmes.

Desktop Win 98 SE. Connect at 33.6 Dial Up
Laptop Win XP home. Connect at 45.2 Dial Up

Edited by - ExVeep on 01/25/2005 19:55:03

Mick
Administrator

1496 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2005 :  22:20:52  Show Profile  Visit Mick's Homepage
Good info Charles. I did upgrade to the Picasa2, and it seems to have several nifty features. I let it do a complete system search, and it found several cartoons and movies on my system that I had forgotten. Good times reading old cartoons--one of the best parts about getting old is that you forget good books, movies etc, and can enjoy them as if you had never seen them before.

I think that Picasa should not be expected to do real image editing work, it is just a minimal photo fixup tool, but it is truly good as a album managing tool.

Mick

Are we not drawn onward, we few, drawn onward to new era?
Go to Top of Page

jimstewart
Operating Member

239 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2005 :  08:28:02  Show Profile
mick; a very good point about the benefits of obtaining a mature age. however i do not believe this recycle of past enviroment's have to be waited on untill advanced age. just ask mary, i have always been able to rediscover " old friends " mary just calls it ' OFF IN MY OWN WORLD" ( thats so she is sure i hear her ) also it gets my attention , sometimes, not that i will remember her advise 5 minutes later.
thanks jim s.
again pls; how do i add our computer spec to these forms , and also let mary add some creative funny faces etc ( actually art deco. )

Edited by - jimstewart on 01/29/2005 08:34:26
Go to Top of Page

Terry
Operating Member

383 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2005 :  09:43:03  Show Profile  Visit Terry's Homepage
Hi Jim,
The answer to how to add your computer specs to these forums can be found in my answer to your own post entitled "Personal Statistics" in the "General" forum!!!!!

As to adding pictures to your "Signature", please refer to Sarah Marshall's article in the March 2004 edition of ICON's newsletter (which can be found by clicking "Newsletter" in the blue navigation bar on the left side of ICON's home page, then click "Archives" at the bottom of the gold navigation bar on the right side of the Newsletter page).

Please do not use large images on the forums as the combination of scripting and database used to drive the forums is rather heavy already. We have just launched the "Image Gallery" for displaying pictures.

If you need help uploading images to the Internet, I suggest you attend the "Web Design" SIG

Happy Computing
Terry

In times of change, it is the learners who will inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped for a world that no longer exists.
Win XP Pro, 512mb RAM, 500mhz Intel P3, 128kbps cable access
Go to Top of Page

Mick
Administrator

1496 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2005 :  21:31:58  Show Profile  Visit Mick's Homepage
Geeze Terry, arent you paying attention? We were just talking about "being off in your own world" and having to have everything told twice. Jim was just illustrating his advancing senioritus.

Mick

Are we not drawn onward, we few, drawn onward to new era?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ICON Computer Users Group © Interactive Computer Owners' Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000