"Track Changes" with Multiple Editors
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wordsmith
Working Member

25 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2005 :  12:12:48  Show Profile
Can someone give me a rundown on Word’s “Track Changes” feature when there are multiple editors? I got into this a few months ago, then decided I didn’t need to know it, and now need to get the hang of it quickly.
I think each editor selects a different color, and then makes their changes, and that editor’s initials appear by each change they made. I assume that editor’s colored changes stay with the document when it is e-mailed to other authors for their review?
Then does the final editor (the actual author) go through the entire document and either Accept or Reject each change?
Am I on the right track? Are there other details I should know?
I hope this question makes sense, and really appreciate any help I can get! Thanks!!

Wordsmith
Working Member

25 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2005 :  05:05:44  Show Profile
Update: My young "guru" friend here in Springfield, someone at the publishing company, and I are experimenting with a mock document to figure this out. Plus, I just e-mailed Smart Computing asking for instructions. I'm thinking maybe each new editor automatically gets a new color, but we're working on it to find all these things out.
pk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ICON Computer Users Group © Interactive Computer Owners' Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000