Scanning problem
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

roadrunner
Working Member

35 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  10:20:02  Show Profile  Visit roadrunner's Homepage
I have an HP Scanjet 3970, and whenever I scan a picture, in this case a brochure, the entire background is a very faint blue color. Has anyone had this problem? If you have, were you able to correct it? and finally, How?
The brochure is printed on both sides, and when I scan one side, some of the opposite side images bleed through as a faint blue color darker than the background.
I have scanned as jpg and bmp, and 75 to 300 density, with no difference in the light blue background.
I can clear, for the most part, the bleed through images with a digital editor, but I cannot do anything to get rid of the blue background. When I clear the image bleeding there are a lot of 'white holes' all over the edited image.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Ray Carlson

Mick
Administrator

1496 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  11:52:21  Show Profile  Visit Mick's Homepage
Ray, did you try selecting the blue color, and replacing with white? GIMP, and I suspect most image editors have a "select by color" tool, then a "fill" choice to replace it, with white.

Mick

-----------
'Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again.'
—André Gide

or

'No one really listens to anyone else, and if you try it for a while you'll see why.' - Mignon McLaughlin
Go to Top of Page

roadrunner
Working Member

35 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  10:41:44  Show Profile  Visit roadrunner's Homepage
Mick, I tried replacing the background color, and it looks like it works. However, the bleed through would not change, because the colors are different shades of blue. What I did do, and it works fine, was to use the Background Eraser in PaintShop Pro to eliminate the blue color(s). The background was made transparent. All the blue is now white if I use white paper to print.

Ray C.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ICON Computer Users Group © Interactive Computer Owners' Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000