TROUBLE WITH COMPAC DESK TOP 7360 presario
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

crsvas
Participating Member

13 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  14:52:38  Show Profile
LOST THE PRINTER AND CAN'T GET IT BACK "MESSAGE SPOOL 32 HAS CAUSED AN ERROR IN KERNEL 32.DLL" ON THIS SAME MESSAGE IN BOX BELOW "SPOOL 32 CAUSED A STACK FAULT IN MODULE KERNEK 32.DLL AT 016F:BFF6402"

Help crsvas@sbcglobal.net charlie

D.Oliver

868 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  20:14:00  Show Profile
I'm not sure what operating system you use, but try this knowledge base article to try and correct the problem.

Keep us posted.

David
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

XP-Hm(SP-2) Athlon .5GBRam 160GB Networked 2-Way Satellite

Edited by - D.Oliver on 06/24/2006 10:58:03
Go to Top of Page

crsvas
Participating Member

13 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  13:47:59  Show Profile
David I sent you an E mail i should have replyed here. I went to the page and it looked the problem would be solved but when I got thru the computer went into config utility mode and I could not get out or get on line this is a (compac comuter with ME windows)I called for help and Bob ( icon) came over he undone what I had done and worked on every thing that would move over and over again and I CAN GET ON LINE NOW.the desk top( icons) does not look right and the home page is to large,the computer works very poorly.still no printer and the spool 32 caused an error in kernel 32.dll is stil there. In addition the computer will not-- scan disk main drive even in soft mode unless there is nothing else running
Go to Top of Page

Mary
Operating Member

368 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  16:19:49  Show Profile
Do you have the Restore CD that should have come with your computer?
Sounds to me like it's time for a Restore to the original condition.

WinXP,933MHz
Go to Top of Page

D.Oliver

868 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  21:26:33  Show Profile
Sorry about the computer messing up on you. I believe Mary is right.

ScanDisk is very finnicky. It will only run when nothing else is running. That includes screensavers and ANYthing else.

Maybe a complete restoration is what is needed.

David
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

XP-Hm(SP-2) Athlon .5GBRam 160GB Networked 2-Way Satellite
Go to Top of Page

crsvas
Participating Member

13 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  13:14:26  Show Profile
I have the restore disks
1st instrustion says turn the computer on and be sure windows is runing.
how do I know if windows is running?

[ thanks to all charlie
Go to Top of Page

Mary
Operating Member

368 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  21:41:26  Show Profile
If you see the Windows desktop picture with icons (little pictures) and titles, then Windows is running.

I'm sitting here trying to install a network card in a 7360 right now. It took me about an hour to locate a manual online to figure out how to open the case. I finally found one on the www.compaq.com website and saved a copy on my computer if you need it.

Mary

WinXP,933MHz
Go to Top of Page

crsvas
Participating Member

13 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2006 :  18:42:37  Show Profile
update:I did restore the presario and then couldnot get on the internet-isp says have a corupt ethernet adapter-- I ran the disk and the same thing isp says ethernet adapter not working- I'm not much of a mac but I took the old adapter and put it in the restored 98 and it is running slowly --I would like to get my old E mail from crsvas@sbcglobal.net any help appreciated charlie
Go to Top of Page

Mary
Operating Member

368 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2006 :  22:36:01  Show Profile
Was it the SBC tech support person who said your "ethernet adapter was corrupt"? A driver software can be corrupt, the ethernet adapter can go bad, or a driver may not be the correct one for an adapter. Was the original network card (adapter) installed when you ran the Restore CD? The driver on the Restore CD would be for the original adapter. If you had replaced the original adapter with anything other than the same model, you would need a different driver. You may need to take your computer to Computer Renaissance, Springfield Technology, call Roger Pfieffer at DictaComm (869-3779) or other professional. Bob McCann (880-1620) may be able to help, but he should be paid. If you take it to a professional, ask what the charge will be because with new, fast desktop computers at less than $300 now, you might be better off to apply that money toward a new one with Windows XP.

As to getting your old email from sbc.yahoo.com (the web mail address), you may be able to get it unless you used Outlook Express or Outlook that downloaded the files to your computer. Go to another computer that has internet access and type in the address box: http://sbc.yahoo.com, login with your SBC email address and password, and see what email is in your Inbox. You can copy and paste messages you want to keep into a word processing document and save it or highlight the text, click on the selection button and print it out.

Good luck,

P.S. I finally had to give up on the network card I was trying to install.

WinXP,933MHz
Go to Top of Page

crsvas
Participating Member

13 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2006 :  19:42:14  Show Profile
MARY THAT SOUNDS LIKE GOOD ADVISE-MAYBE U BEEN TALKING TO MY SON.(ABOUT NEW COMPUTER)
I WILL TRY THE e MAIL U SUGGESTED
TO DAY HAS BEEN H--- DAY ON THE COMPUTER KEPT GETTING A "THIS PORT IS ALREAD RUNNING". I WENT ON THE COMPAQ SUPPORT AND AL HAS GOT ME ON FOR HOW LONG D/KNOW THANKS CHARLIE
Go to Top of Page

crsvas
Participating Member

13 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2006 :  19:44:43  Show Profile
MARY THAT SOUNDS LIKE GOOD ADVISE-MAYBE U BEEN TALKING TO MY SON.(ABOUT NEW COMPUTER)
I WILL TRY THE e MAIL U SUGGESTED
TO DAY HAS BEEN H--- DAY ON THE COMPUTER KEPT GETTING A "THIS PORT IS ALREAD RUNNING". I WENT ON THE COMPAQ SUPPORT AND AL HAS GOT ME ON FOR HOW LONG D/KNOW THANKS CHARLIE
Go to Top of Page

Mary
Operating Member

368 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2006 :  09:25:20  Show Profile
Just a note: after I gave up on the network card, the computer was taken to Roger Pfeiffer and on the third card he tried, he got one to work.
Mary

WinXP,933MHz
Go to Top of Page

crsvas
Participating Member

13 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2006 :  16:23:27  Show Profile
Mary thanks for all your help-- don't understand the last statement 8/2 about took the computer to Roger P and on the third try he got one to work.---I have rouble alll the time i guess I will get anew computer ths week ( one of the 300 $ ones ) any advice about that.
charlie
Go to Top of Page

Mary
Operating Member

368 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2006 :  22:06:50  Show Profile
Well, Charlie, I've looked at the ads for $300 and these are the two choices:

1) Best Buy - eMachine with AMD Sempron processor (faster), no rebates to mess with, unless you upgrade to get the Canon printer for $9.99 after a $50 rebate. You can substitute the monitor for a 15" LCD thin monitor for $70 more. So you'll have to lay down either $299.98 + tax (computer with 17" thick-style monitor), $369.98 + tax,(Computer with thin-style 15" monitor)or one of these plus $49.99 and $40 rebate returned in a couple of months for the printer, if you need one.
2) Circuit City - Compaq Presario with Celeron processor (a little slower than the AMD but still a lot faster than what you've got), a little larger hard drive (not a lot), 17" thick-style monitor, and good HP printer bundle. You'll have to lay down $469.97 + tax on $619.97. There's a $170 mail-in rebate to be returned to you in a couple of months and a $150 instant rebate.
Mail-in rebates are very tricky, so if you get either the Canon printer or the Compaq bundle, follow the instructions very carefully and make a photocopy of the completed rebate form, sales slip with items circled, and 12-digit UPC codes.

One other choice might be $100 more for the Acer laptop with a $150 mail-in rebate and $100 instant rebate.

Happy choices.

WinXP,933MHz
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ICON Computer Users Group © Interactive Computer Owners' Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000