changing default email
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mags
Participating Member

13 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2006 :  15:38:56  Show Profile
I have sbcglobal.net Yahoo mail for my email. When I scan and send or send photos via Picasa2 (downloaded on my hard drive) to my sbcglobal/Yahoo email, I get a pop-up notice that I have to send through Outlook. I have read, tried different formats and even read directions to change to Outlook as my default but using my same email address (thillr@sbcglobal.net). All goes well until the final, testing and I receive two errors for POP3 and SMPT...says that it won't work. Help! What am I doing incorrectly? Mags

Mick
Administrator

1496 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2006 :  02:07:34  Show Profile  Visit Mick's Homepage
Hi Mags, did you try resetting the Picasa configuration that tells it which email to use? (Tools, Options, Email)

It should work, but if you want to go to the trouble, I will send you an google mail invitation, which I am sure works (since Picasa is now a google subsidary.

Let me know,

Mick

-----------
'Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again.'
—André Gide

or

'No one really listens to anyone else, and if you try it for a while you'll see why.' - Mignon McLaughlin

Edited by - Mick on 07/17/2006 02:09:33
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ICON Computer Users Group © Interactive Computer Owners' Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000