Floppy Disc
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jay
Participating Member

15 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  19:18:08  Show Profile
At the meeting on August 25th there was some discussion about reusing floppy disc and that they could be errased or this is what I think I heard. Question is I have several old floppys that are no longer any good as to the content on them. Can they be errased or cleaned up and reused? Does this cut down on their storage space or deminish them in any way? And how do I clean them up? Thanks for the advice.

tools
Supporting Member

67 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2006 :  08:39:17  Show Profile
Bulldog,
Yes, floppies can be erased and reused. Erasing them does not diminish them in any way.
Place a floppy in your floppy drive, select My Computer on your desktop (If there is an icon for it), (if not go to Start>My Computer)>right click on 3-1/2" Floppy (A:)>Format>select Start and follow the prompts on the screen and it will completely erase and format your floppy for reuse. If you wish to erase more of your floppies, just eject the one you have erased and place the next one in and select the Start button on the "3-1/2" Floopy (A:) window" again.
I hope this will give you the results you want.

tools
Windows XP Pro, Pentium 4, 2.4 GH, 1 Gig RAM, 80 GB Hard Drive, DVD-RW & CD-RW, SBC DSL.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ICON Computer Users Group © Interactive Computer Owners' Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000