IE 7 and HP scanner software
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pat Gav
Supporting Member

95 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2006 :  09:23:05  Show Profile
This is a FYI for those of you out there that use HP scanners or all-in-ones. I have an HP scanner that has software called "Photo and Imaging Director". It allows you to access all features and set preferences. All of a sudden it would not open. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Still would not open. After checking the target, I found the exe file "Hpqdire.exe". A Google search for the file led me to a forum where I found many people were having the same problem. One guy found that the problem was Internet Explorer 7. After uninstalling IE 7 (it goes back to 6 when you uninstall 7) all worked fine. IE 7 is listed in the add and remove programs. I don't use IE except for updates, but thought I would take a look at the new version. It is still not ready for use as far as I am concerned. Thought I would pass that information on to anyone who uses HP software.

Pat
Inquiring minds want to know...Wn XP Home...new high speed wireless internet.

D.Oliver

868 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2006 :  13:22:22  Show Profile
That's correct, Pat.

IE7 RC1 is "Release Candidate 1."

When "all" the ugly bugs are out (not saying it will be perfect), Microsoft will issue the "Retail" or "Final" version.

I am using the IE7 RC1 now and haven't found anything that I use that won't run perfectly on it. Maybe HP has a fix forthcoming.?.?

David
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

XP-Hm(SP-2) Athlon .5GBRam 160GB Networked 2-Way Satellite
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ICON Computer Users Group © Interactive Computer Owners' Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000