Internet
 Mozilla FireFox
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Margaret

66 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  09:49:13  Show Profile
Helllo I am running 1.5.0.8 Do I need to update. I searched the website and I found the message below. Does this pretain to me. I have been getting lot (16)message that I needed to clean off of Spy Bot. Can I buy a version that will clean off sypware right away? yours Margaret

1. Use the latest version of Firefox with a new profile

Make sure you are using the latest nightly build of Firefox. Always install it in an empty folder.

Create a new Firefox profile and then start Firefox using that profile. Now, try to reproduce the bug. Of course, if what you're about to file is not a bug, but an enhancement request (RFE), you can skip this step.

Margaret Schatz

Mick
Administrator

1496 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  16:47:39  Show Profile  Visit Mick's Homepage
Margaret, this is a little bit of a turbulent time for Firefox, what with 2.0 coming out. I used FF 1.5.0.7 for a long time, and had a lot of good luck with it, and many extensions installed. I did not go to 2.0 right away, because the extensions were not ready. I did use FF 1.5.0.8 for a while, because of security notices, but it seemed to want to update its self every other day, but never had a new version number. I waited a week, just to see who had problems with Firefox 2.0, and then yesterday I upgraded. Not too happy with the eye-candy toolbars, but otherwise seems OK. Support for 1.5.0.x will likely trickle off as 2.0 gets broken in.

Most of my decisions on FF are made by scanning this forum:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/index.php?c=4

As to the spyware issue, I am not where you are getting messages that you need to clean-off spybot? Spybot is one of the good guys, why would you need to clean it off? Which web site did you search to to find the message, and how does that relate to the spyware issue? Get us the details on the message, when and under what conditions you get the message, and maybe...

Mick

-----------
'Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again.'
—André Gide

or

'No one really listens to anyone else, and if you try it for a while you'll see why.' - Mignon McLaughlin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ICON Computer Users Group © Interactive Computer Owners' Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000