Windows Pop-Up Menu
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jim
Working Member

44 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2007 :  06:28:14  Show Profile
When I insert a DVD into my drive I get a Pop-up window listing various options for action, like play movie etc.
How do I edit the options and or eliminate the pop-up?

Additional info:

OS= Windows XP Home.

Originally I juat wanted the window to not pop-up, so you answered my question, But now, just so I Know. How do I get the window back after I told it to always take no action, and how do I add and remove programs to/from the window?

More info= Yes I get the window when I insert a dvd blank or not, I beleave, but I now I can't varify because I accomplished my original goal to make the window disappear.

Sometimes I want to add files, sometimes I want to watch, but if I am doing two things at a time, I usually just don't want the window to show up in the middle of my screen.

The action not on the menu, that I sometimes want to do is: Format the cd, or as I beleave it is called prepair the cd to becoma a data cd.

Thanks

Jim

Edited by - Jim on 01/08/2007 07:55:40

Mary
Operating Member

368 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2007 :  15:18:38  Show Profile
More information please. Are you putting in a blank DVD to store files or is it a movie? What do you want to happen when you put in the DVD?

Mary?

WinXP,933MHz
Go to Top of Page

D.Oliver

868 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2007 :  18:43:16  Show Profile
Try this.

Select "Take No Action" and then put a check mark in the box labeled "Always Do The Selected Action."

Hope this helps. As Mary said, though; What would you like your choices to be? You asked to edit the list?

David
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

XP-Hm(SP-2) Athlon 1GBRam 160GB Networked 2-Way Satellite
Go to Top of Page

icon
Forum Admin

77 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2007 :  09:37:14  Show Profile
Hello Jim, and welcome to ICON's Forums!

I don't have answers to your questions, but I want to suggest that, instead of editing your original post each time you want to add information, you click the "Reply to Topic" link above or below the forum window. That way, everyone can follow the thread more easily

Thanks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ICON Computer Users Group © Interactive Computer Owners' Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000