Timing your ergonomic activities
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mick
Administrator

1496 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2007 :  17:50:12  Show Profile  Visit Mick's Homepage
Question was asked at the meeting about a timer for reminding you of your stretches. I had been testing the water, but nothing satisfactory at the time. But I am now using one that is fairly workable. Has a settable time for the program, and allows you to pick from sound clips on your system to play for an alarm. It is free, but unfortunately, it is a sub program of Google Desktop. It works fairly well once you get it configured, but there is a bit of a learning curve for getting GD running on your computer. Then the timer is not too intuitive to setup up the first time. On the good side, once setup the operation is simple, and it is free.
http://desktop.google.com/
Install GD, then in the GD-sidebar, click the "+" at the top menu. Then in the "Add/remove gadgets" window, search for a "timer" gadget. There are about 6 of them. The one I am using is just "Timer", and you use its "options" menu to set the duration and alarm sounds. At the end of the time, you click it to stop the alarm, and click it again to restart the timer.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ICON Computer Users Group © Interactive Computer Owners' Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000