laptop repair
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ozengr
Operating Member

214 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  21:56:47  Show Profile
computer rennaisance sold me an extended warrantee, and then, when i needed a new modem, they said i needed to send it to indiana for repair or replacement. now indiana has advised me they wish to settle the matter for $149.

does anyone know why this matter is being handled this way, instead of fixing the problem, and are there other things to consider.

oz

D.Oliver

868 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  22:11:36  Show Profile
Read the fine print in your warranty. It should tell you exactly who is responsible for the repair and who will pay for any shipping required. I sold warranties when I was a self-employed computer builder. The warranty company was responsible for the parts and labor and for the repair.

You might see if Computer Rennaisance would repair your modem, and at what price. If they would do it for less than $149 you might have found a "deal."

David
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

XP-Hm(SP-2) Athlon 1GBRam 160GB Networked 2-Way Satellite
Go to Top of Page

Terry
Operating Member

383 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  07:40:59  Show Profile  Visit Terry's Homepage
Hi Oz,

You might also check with:
PC Help
4410 W. Republic Rd
881-0474
www.morepchelp.com

I have met the owners, but haven't had any dealings with them. Other ICON members have bought laptops from them and had work done by them, and have high praise for them.

Good luck,
Terry
Go to Top of Page

ozengr
Operating Member

214 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2007 :  09:54:34  Show Profile
indiana has advised me that the 12yr old cmptr is not fixable, so i have accepted the 149 offer.

walmart is advertising an acer laptop w/ vista for $500.

any comments?

oz
Go to Top of Page

Mick
Administrator

1496 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2007 :  14:33:10  Show Profile  Visit Mick's Homepage
It may be a little early to get much advice on Vista. Only the beta testers have had a chance to get into it, but I hear it is "real purty"

Mick

-----------
'Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again.'
—André Gide

or

'No one really listens to anyone else, and if you try it for a while you'll see why.' - Mignon McLaughlin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ICON Computer Users Group © Interactive Computer Owners' Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000