PIP wireless Internet Service
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mary
Operating Member

368 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  16:41:13  Show Profile
Do any of you know anything about how reliable this company is. There wireless service uses a radio frequency to broadcast and they claim that it is 40X faster than DSL. Something was mentioned about a "rubber ducky" antenna. What is that?

Mary

WinXP,933MHz

D.Oliver

868 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  18:18:27  Show Profile
I'm not certain myself, Mary, but I'm suppose to be getting a "cellular" internet service soon (as soon as the fellow brings me the new computers). I'll keep you all abreast of whatever-the-heck it is though.

David
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

XP-Hm(SP-2) Athlon 1GBRam 160GB Networked 2-Way Satellite
Go to Top of Page

Pat Gav
Supporting Member

95 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2007 :  19:25:52  Show Profile
Mary, I have a wireless internet service through Total Wireless in Republic. It is my only option where I live. I love it. I have a radio and antenna on my roof. It is much faster than the DSL at my church in Republic. The download is faster than the upload, but I use a web cam and Skpye and it works great. The only problem that I have had is with the ice. It does not work when the antenna is covered with ice. It does,however, melt quickly when the sun comes out. I do not know anything about the company you were asking about.

Pat
Inquiring minds want to know...Wn XP Home...new high speed wireless internet.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ICON Computer Users Group © Interactive Computer Owners' Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000