Members' Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password Forgot your Password?

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ

All ICON Forums
 Help Forums
 Office Applications
 Can I use 'laser paper' in an inkjet printer?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rhonda
Supporting Member

90 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2007 :  22:33:19  Show Profile
We were looking for a heavy legal size paper for our Canon MP500(over 20 lb wt) to run off some colored Legal size documents. All I have been able to find is a 24 lb weight that is labeled as 'Laser printer' paper. Would the end product be less than highest of quality or can they be used in both?

Has anyone had any experience with this?
Thanks!

Rhonda
XP Media Center Edition
Sony Vaio Desktop 1GB

Edited by - Rhonda on 02/18/2007 22:33:49

Terry
Operating Member

383 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2007 :  06:38:34  Show Profile  Visit Terry's Homepage
Hi Rhonda,

I have printed on "laser" paper with our inkjet and got good results.

I believe the laser printing process requires higher quality paper to get the best results, but an inkjet will print on nearly anything that doesn't cause the water based ink to bead up.

If you discover something different, let us know.

Terry
Go to Top of Page

Rhonda
Supporting Member

90 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2007 :  12:18:06  Show Profile
O.K. Thanks and I will give it a try and let you all know if I experience any different.

Rhonda
XP Media Center Edition
Sony Vaio Desktop 1GB
Go to Top of Page

Mary
Operating Member

368 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2007 :  21:24:48  Show Profile
The laser paper I've read has a little harder finish and the toner is burned into it with heat, and that's why most techs say to use only laser paper in laser printers. I seem to recall that I was also told that softer non-laser paper can leave a dust that creates a problem. However, I've used both kinds of paper equally well in both kinds of printers.

Mary

WinXP,933MHz
Go to Top of Page

Rhonda
Supporting Member

90 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2007 :  15:51:47  Show Profile
So it sounds to me like someone can get away with using Laser labeled paper in an inkjet easier than the other way around with a Laser printer using inkjet paper.
We bought a ream and will give it a try. {In my search for heavier paper, all I could find that was heavier than 20 lb of legal size was all labeled 'Laser Paper', both 22 and 24 lb.} Buy the way, I took advantage of the Staples Rewards membership (free) and it gave me free shipping on anything that they don't stock in the stores waiving the usual $50 limit!!! I love a good deal.
Thanks!!!

Rhonda
XP Media Center Edition
Sony Vaio Desktop 1GB
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ICON Computer Users Group © Interactive Computer Owners' Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000