Java Script
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

marys
Working Member

21 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2007 :  21:13:23  Show Profile
In order to view some of my files, I have to have Java Script enabled.
Where is the best place to download this? I assume it is safe, if not, please advise.

Mary

Mick
Administrator

1496 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2007 :  21:36:27  Show Profile  Visit Mick's Homepage
Mary, you say " In order to view some of my files", I am assuming you mean "to view some web pages"?

I think that the capability to run Javascript is not a download, but is built-in to the browser. IE, Mozilla, Firefox,... about all of them. In Firefox, as long as you are sure about the safety of the page you are visiting, try Tools-Options-Content, and turn on Javascript.

In my normal paranoid mode, I am very careful about where I allow Javascript to run. (I use NoScript, an extension for Firefox that blocks all scripts until I give permission, depending on the page.) And now, lately there are some new found security problems with Javascript, so I am being very restrictive on Javascript until I see some community opinion on the result of the tuesday patches--whether the problem is fixed.

Mick

-----------
'Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again.'
—André Gide

or

'No one really listens to anyone else, and if you try it for a while you'll see why.' - Mignon McLaughlin
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ICON Computer Users Group © Interactive Computer Owners' Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000