Delete Novell on XP Pro Machine
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DeLynn Bishop
Participating Member

11 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2008 :  21:20:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a used machine that was donated and it was set up on a Novell network runniong XP Pro. When windows loads it goes to the Novell user name and passowrd to sign in to use windows. I looked at the bios and could not find a setting to get rid of the log in screen. I I then booted in safe mode and looked at the Novell folder. Apparently the administrator is set so that the control panel does not display the add and delete programs icon. So I couldn't delete the Novell folder and directory by that method. I was afraid to just right click on the Novell folder that came up in safe mode for fear that not all the code would be deleted. Any suggestions? Thanks

Dell 4700 Win XP Home

Edited by - DeLynn Bishop on 11/18/2008 21:40:31

D.Oliver

868 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2008 :  22:09:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know if you got a resolution to this or not, so here goes.

Go to START>RUN and type "msconfig" (without quotes), select the "Boot" tab. Look in the big white box for a row (or rows) that contain a reference to Novel. Delete this row (or rows). Restart your system.

Let us know if this does it.

David
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

Velocity Micro, Vista Ultimate/SP1, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66Ghz, 4GBRam, 400GB HDD, 320MB nVidia 8800GTS, Networked 2-Way Satellite
Go to Top of Page

D.Oliver

868 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2008 :  20:36:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
DeLynn,

Did you try the "msconfig" suggestion?

David
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

Velocity Micro, Vista Ultimate/SP1, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66Ghz, 4GBRam, 400GB HDD, 320MB nVidia 8800GTS, Networked 2-Way Satellite
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ICON Computer Users Group © Interactive Computer Owners' Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000