Firefox 3.0.3
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

D.Oliver

868 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2008 :  23:25:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently installed Firefox 3.0.3.

It is very fast loading web pages. It is particularly good at reducing latency. I use satellite - I know. The Mozilla.org web site says there have been over 15,000 modifications. Believe me - they did improve this version. The only thing I have difficulty with is font sizing at certain sites (my personal page at hughes.net is one). I would imagine that these <ahem> 'SPECIAL' sites are geared exclusively toward Micro$oft so I will ignore that attribute for the time being.

I don't normally recommend one browser over another, but I have now set Firefox as my 'default' browser. Until something goes truely haywire - I'm using it.

As a note, IE 8.2 Beta is pretty fast also and has some nice features - even backward compatality. It's just not ready for 'prime time' yet. It also will not handle all the secure payment sites (like banking, bill pay, etc.).

David
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

Velocity Micro, Vista Ultimate/SP1, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66Ghz, 4GBRam, 400GB HDD, 320MB nVidia 8800GTS, Networked 2-Way Satellite

Mick
Administrator

1496 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2008 :  10:58:41  Show Profile  Visit Mick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I cant switch yet, I am very addicted to the TabMixPlus extension, and it claims not compatible yet. I think I will wait a while.

Mick

Go to Top of Page

Mick
Administrator

1496 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2008 :  11:00:47  Show Profile  Visit Mick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Now that is strange. Even though Terry posted before me, my post is showing before his... Ah, Sarah must have fixed the clock! My time is showing correctly now.

Mick

Go to Top of Page

Terry
Operating Member

383 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2008 :  11:10:35  Show Profile  Visit Terry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow David,I'm sold!

How much did you want for the Firefox?

Terry
Go to Top of Page

D.Oliver

868 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2008 :  17:54:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
3-quid and 4, mate!

(I think I posted this in the wrong forum...sure was late for me yesterday)

David
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

Velocity Micro, Vista Ultimate/SP1, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66Ghz, 4GBRam, 400GB HDD, 320MB nVidia 8800GTS, Networked 2-Way Satellite
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ICON Computer Users Group © Interactive Computer Owners' Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000