Cursor jumps around
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wolfjrl
Working Member

47 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2009 :  15:07:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My cursor jumps around when I am typing in anything, email, word processor, etc..

I worked with MS for a while and they said it was due to the speed of the cursor but that hasn’t solved the problem.

I thought that maybe some of you might know what to do. It’s extremely annoying. You never know where it is when it does disappear. A least until you hit the Control key.

D.Oliver

868 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2009 :  15:48:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How old is your system? The mouse connection seems to go out on them first for some reason. If another mouse does the same "tricks" on this computer, I would highly suspect the mouse connection on the motherboard.

My $0.02

David
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

Velocity Micro, Vista Ultimate/SP2, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66Ghz, 4GBRam, 400GB HDD, 320MB nVidia 8800GTS, Networked, 2-Way Satellite
Go to Top of Page

D.Oliver

868 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2009 :  16:27:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try using a different mouse if you have one (or can borrow one).

Unless you have a *very* special mouse, they will all work immediately upon detection by the system. If a different mouse doesn't work - I suspect it is the motherboard connection.

David
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

Velocity Micro, Vista Ultimate/SP2, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66Ghz, 4GBRam, 400GB HDD, 320MB nVidia 8800GTS, Networked, 2-Way Satellite
Go to Top of Page

wolfjrl
Working Member

47 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2009 :  21:29:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your help good people. I solved the problem by downloading new drivers.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ICON Computer Users Group © Interactive Computer Owners' Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000