Mail Merge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pat Gav
Supporting Member

95 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2010 :  18:19:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have a mail merge set up in Publisher to print labels for a news letters. The source is an Access database. It is saved as a Publisher file and we can edit the database and the changes show up the next time we open the file to print labels. Can anyone tell me if you can do the same things using an Excel spread sheet as the source. Can I save the file and edit the source or would this be a one time merge.

Pat
Inquiring minds want to know...Wn XP Pro & Vista Premium...high speed wireless internet.

D.Oliver

868 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2010 :  18:42:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes you can. (Not to coin a phrase.)

Once the source file has been created it will always be available. Any saved edits will also remain.

<ahem> May the source be with you.

I know. I know.

David
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

Velocity Micro, Vista Ultimate 32-bit/SP2, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66Ghz, 4GBRam, 400GB HDD, 320MB nVidia 8800GTS, Networked, 2-Way Satellite, External Network Drive
Go to Top of Page

Pat Gav
Supporting Member

95 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2010 :  20:02:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Dave. I knew that you would know the answer and save me from setting everything up and then find out that it did not work.

Pat
Inquiring minds want to know...Wn XP Pro & Vista Premium...high speed wireless internet.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ICON Computer Users Group © Interactive Computer Owners' Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000