New Kodak camera & mov files
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Joy
Participating Member

17 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2010 :  09:57:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
windows will not recognize mov files. Pacasa will not import the Movie files, MOV. Support for Kodak wants me to lower my fire wall!

Mick
Administrator

1496 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2010 :  16:26:23  Show Profile  Visit Mick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Joy, Good question for a Digital Imaging SIG. But until then...,

I would be surprised if your camera does not allow saving in any other format. Take a look in the manual, look for saving in MP4 for a good generic quality format.

One way you could likely go, is to install Quicktime. I do not use quicktime personally, as it is reported to have more security issues, but this should not be a problem with MOV files that you recorded yourself.

I found one suggestion that Picasa would indeed play MOV files, it just has not been told about it, and if you rename the video file, changing the MOV extension to MP4 it would work OK (Have not tested this, but it should not hurt anything.)

Also, for those movies you have already captured, and are in .MOV, several of the ICON members have reported a good results with the free, mostly open source conversion program, SUPER. I think this is the download address.
http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html
SUPER should be able to convert your existing MOV files to another format.

Personally, I do little with the Windows media player, I use VLC media player, open source free player found here
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

ʞɔᴉƜ
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ICON Computer Users Group © Interactive Computer Owners' Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000