Add blue sky
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dmet
Working Member

27 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2010 :  00:12:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently transferred pictures from my camera to the computer. I can't remember which of the programs I was using however after choosing a scene there was an item to check that said click here to add blue to the skies. When I clicked on it the sky areas were automatically selected and the blue was added. It is sure and easier way so if anyone can suggest where I might find it again would appreciate an answer. Thank you, Dave

tools
Supporting Member

67 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2010 :  07:43:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave
I don't know just what program has the effect you describe. Perhaps you could give me a list of the photo manipulation programs you have on your computer such as Photoshop Elements (Version ?), Picasa (Version ?), etc.
I do know you can use Picasa to "Effect" the picture to enhance the sky, but your description sounds like something else.

tools.
if my calculations are correct SLINKY + ESCULATOR = EVERLASTING FUN
Go to Top of Page

dmet
Working Member

27 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2010 :  14:22:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Tools. For programs I have Adobe Photoshop 7.0,Paint3.5.5,Kodak Easy Share.Picasa 3 and print shop 22 an older program and I have searched them all however I found it once so with patients perhaps I will find it again. Thanks for your interest.
Go to Top of Page

Mick
Administrator

1496 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2010 :  15:25:44  Show Profile  Visit Mick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I dont know about that feature either Dave. I Googled for help, and did not find a one-button solution. I did find a good collection of explanations of how to do this manually, which makes me doubt that this is a built-in feature of any of the more common graphics programs (if it was a built-in, there would not be so many people wasting so many words on how to do it manually). So maybe they missed it.

Two possibilities I can see: One is that most of the experts dont use the one-click software such as what comes with the camera, as it tends to be too automatic for their tastes, and gives results that are not very customizeable. Another possibility is that you used an "add-on", like an extra script? Or maybe we are looking for too simple a result.

Is this maybe what you remembered?
http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-photoshop-elements-7/making-dull-skies-blue/
It seems a little more complicated than what you describe, but maybe...

ʞɔᴉƜ
Go to Top of Page

Rapunzel
Supporting Member

58 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2010 :  15:30:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
About the missing photo enhancement--this is a really simple idea and may not help but if this was a recent experience I would click on history and see where I had been lately.Of course you may have already done that but it is so simple I tend to forget it.
Go to Top of Page

tools
Supporting Member

67 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2010 :  16:14:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave,
I think the tutorial Mick suggested may be in line with what you may have done in the past with your pictures.
Try this: In Picasa 3, open one of your pictures, then select the "Effects" tab. Now select the "Graduated Tint" effect and finally, move the "Shade" slider to darken the sky more if you want.
This "Effect" is doing the same thing as the Photoshop 7 tutorial, but is much more automated...
I hope this is what you were looking for...

Also, good point Rapunzel, if the prior attempt was recent enough!

tools.
if my calculations are correct SLINKY + ESCULATOR = EVERLASTING FUN
Go to Top of Page

dmet
Working Member

27 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2010 :  18:11:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone some good ideas. I have found in Photoshop 7 under edit, quick and then touch up along with lightning teeth there is a place to blue up skies easily this probably is what I had found before and seems to work better on some pictures than others however I see no way to change the intensity of the blue added, if anyone knows a way please let me know. Thanks again

Not to worry, we have the best politicians money can buy.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ICON Computer Users Group © Interactive Computer Owners' Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000