MS Office 2010 in ISO file
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mary
Operating Member

368 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2010 :  23:06:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've downloaded our Office 2010 program from MS under our Software Assurance, but it's in ISO format and I don't know how to install from it. Can somebody tell me what to do, please.

Thanks, Mary

Win 7, 2.211 GHz and Vista

D.Oliver

868 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2010 :  00:30:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most of the CD/DVD copier programs have an option to "burn" an ISO file. It's basically a CD image file. Once on a CD you can easily install it. Maybe Mick can give you waaaaaaay more details.

David
"One of the greatest things about the Internet is that you can quote something and totally make up the source."
--- Thomas Jefferson

Velocity Micro, Vista Ultimate 32-bit/SP2, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66Ghz, 4GBRam, 400GB HDD, 320MB nVidia 8800GTS, Networked, 2-Way Satellite, 250 GB External Network HDD
Go to Top of Page

Terry
Operating Member

383 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2010 :  11:01:13  Show Profile  Visit Terry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Mary,
You have to burn the ISO to a disc first, then install from the disc.
Terry
Go to Top of Page

Mary
Operating Member

368 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2010 :  20:40:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've burned it to disk, but all I get when I try to install it from the disk is "Burn to disk" again, and no option to install or put it any place other than the DVD drive.

Win 7, 2.211 GHz and Vista
Go to Top of Page

Mary
Operating Member

368 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2010 :  20:43:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will call MS tomorrow and maybe they'll send me a disk or else walk me through how to install the downloaded ISO file. Thanks.

Win 7, 2.211 GHz and XP
Go to Top of Page

D.Oliver

868 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2010 :  09:52:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did your CD burning software offer an option to "Burn ISO Image"? It will be a special process.

David
"One of the greatest things about the Internet is that you can quote something and totally make up the source."
--- Thomas Jefferson

Velocity Micro, Vista Ultimate 32-bit/SP2, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66Ghz, 4GBRam, 400GB HDD, 320MB nVidia 8800GTS, Networked, 2-Way Satellite, 250 GB External Network HDD
Go to Top of Page

Mick
Administrator

1496 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2010 :  17:34:10  Show Profile  Visit Mick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Mary. Just got back to town after a fun but exhausting trip to the Gulf.

David is right, as I understand it, but it is a confusing process to explain. This is how I think of it--you know how when you have a new application, you cant just copy it, you have to install it? Well the ISO burning process it similar, the ISO file should not be copied to the CD, it needs to be soft of installed with a special switch on the CD/DVD burning software. After you "burn" the ISO file, look at the CD in Windows Explorer. If you see an ISO file on there it is wrong. Instead you should see the things that were included in the ISO package.

More here:
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ht/burnisofile.htm

ʞɔᴉƜ
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ICON Computer Users Group © Interactive Computer Owners' Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000