New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Joy
Participating Member

17 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2011 :  09:54:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
When I try to access my email I get the fallowing message. I have had this computer worked on and about every part replaced, even the motherboard.I have Vista and Windows IE. "The server's security certificate is not yet valid!
You attempted to reach www.google.com, but the server presented a certificate that is not yet valid. No information is available to indicate whether that certificate can be trusted. Google Chrome cannot reliably guarantee that you are communicating with www.google.com and not an attacker. You should ensure that your clock and time zone are set correctly on your computer. If they are not, you should correct any issues and refresh this page. If they are correct, you should not proceed."
Joy
Help me understand

D.Oliver

868 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2011 :  12:12:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Chrome help forum shows this as a valid problem with the date (including possibly the year) on your computer. You might wish to check these.

Just hover your mouse over the time in your tray area (right side of the task bar at the bottom) and observe the entire date to be sure it is correct and that it shows 2011 as the year.

You might also want to read a little about the Google Chrome security indicators that appear to the left of the address bar. A relatively short description is here.

Please let us know if this fixes the issue.

David
"One of the greatest things about the Internet is that you can quote something and totally make up the source."
--- Thomas Jefferson

Velocity Micro, Vista Ultimate 32-bit/SP2, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66Ghz, 4GBRam, 400GB HDD, 320MB nVidia 8800GTS, Networked, 2-Way Satellite, 250 GB External Network HDD
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ICON Computer Users Group © Interactive Computer Owners' Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000