open office calc
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jimstewart
Operating Member

239 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2011 :  11:10:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want the grid lines to show. I used format access to page then sheet and selected grid and no lines.
do i need data in the calc to show lines or maybe the printer needs a driver specific to the dell wireless printer?
Is open office going to continue with open source and help support for us part time "jack of all trades and master of none" users and is there now an alternative free repalcement software?

operating systems;
xp home & pro & linux plus vista & Win 7
laptop & pc's w/broadband IP.

D.Oliver

868 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2011 :  01:11:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Select TOOLS>OPTIONS and then under the OPENOFFICE.ORG item select APPEARANCE. About half way down the color selections there is an item named SPREADSHEET with a sub-item named GRID Lines. Be sure it is set to AUTOMATIC (or the color of your choice other than white).

Also under the OPENOFFICE.ORG CALC item, select VIEW and be sure to select GRID LINES with a color (I used Light Gray).

That outta do it.

David
"One of the greatest things about the Internet is that you can quote something and totally make up the source."
--- Thomas Jefferson

Velocity Micro, Vista Ultimate 32-bit/SP2, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66Ghz, 4GBRam, 400GB HDD, 320MB nVidia 8800GTS, Networked, 2-Way Satellite, 250 GB External Network HDD
Go to Top of Page

jimstewart
Operating Member

239 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2011 :  07:33:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
still no grid lines. any suggestions appreciated. will probably bring both canon wireless printer and laptop to sat 19th march meet for possible hands on help.
David i have a tax question. Do you have a method for us to exchange verbal Q&A? thanks jim s.
the above problem is occouring with a compaq pc using OO.org And
hp laptop with Libre.or.
the pc using xp home, the laptop os vista premium

operating systems;
Go to Top of Page

Mick
Administrator

1496 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2011 :  15:49:00  Show Profile  Visit Mick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think the problem is that Jim never really says what he wants. He really wants to PRINT the grid lines, even though he keeps saying he wants the grid lines to "show".

Try: Format, page, sheet, then under Print, check what you want to print, like "Grid"

If that does not get the gridlines to print, try Format again, but for Cells (that you have selected)
Then in Borders, pick a nice solid "Line Style" like 0.05 pt.
Then click the "Default" style to "set outer border and all inner lines...

ʞɔᴉƜ
Go to Top of Page

jimstewart
Operating Member

239 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2011 :  03:48:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
still will not print libreOfficeCalc.
A libreoffice dailog box, with red circle with white dash bar in it's center, "there are no pages to be printed. Please check your document for ranges relevant to printing"
Our cannon wireless printer,PIXMA MP620, will print the icon web page and my US bank web page but no libre calc nor openoffice calc.
Ideas and or solutions appreciated.
thanks jim s.

operating systems;
Go to Top of Page

D.Oliver

868 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2011 :  08:01:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You must have "something" in any cell to print. Try typing a <SPACE> (the SpaceBar) in a cell (all you'll need is one) - then print.

David
"One of the greatest things about the Internet is that you can quote something and totally make up the source."
--- Thomas Jefferson

Velocity Micro, Vista Ultimate 32-bit/SP2, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66Ghz, 4GBRam, 400GB HDD, 320MB nVidia 8800GTS, Networked, 2-Way Satellite, 250 GB External Network HDD

Edited by - D.Oliver on 03/23/2011 10:31:17
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ICON Computer Users Group © Interactive Computer Owners' Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000