excel management
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jimstewart
Operating Member

239 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2011 :  19:30:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
need help using excel. I want to have more columns printed on a 8 by 11 page.
any links to instructions for using excel would be appreciated, not necessarly understood. anybody know how to spell nescess....?
My Mary is not here right now, where are wives when you need them?
thanks jimS.

operating systems;
xp home & pro & linux plus vista & Win 7
laptop & pc's w/broadband IP.

D.Oliver

868 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2011 :  23:04:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Jim.

Necessarily is spelled, well...you know.

There are several ways to print more columns on a page.

One way, assuming you want to print a select area, is to highlight all the cells you wish to print on a single page. Then select File>Page Setup (In Excel 2003 and earlier) or Page Layout>Page Setup>Page (In Excel 2007 and later) and select the"Fit to: 1 Page(s) wide by 1 tall.

Remember: The more you try to squeeze onto a page the smaller it all gets.

Happy printing.

As for Excel help: microsoft has some good tutorials, or you can Google something like "Excel help" or "Excel Tips and Tricks." After some trial and error you will run across a site or three that appeals to you and seems to "answer the questions you have." You may wish to add these to your bookmarks/favorites. Some have daily or weekly "Tips and Tricks" newsletters (www.TheExcelAddict.com is one that I recall is good for this).

David
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third works.
– Alan J. Perlis

Velocity Micro, Vista Ultimate 32-bit/SP2, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66Ghz, 4GBRam, 400GB HDD, 320MB nVidia 8800GTS, Networked, 2-Way Satellite, 250 GB External Network HDD

Edited by - D.Oliver on 06/07/2011 23:08:53
Go to Top of Page

jimstewart
Operating Member

239 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2011 :  07:44:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always wondered about that nessesseces.. ,well you know mick. Oh this was david, Yes??
seriously thanks i will be able to get more "boxes" therefore records on a single page
as you all may have noticed i am not one to pay much attention to formalities or prescribed proceedure. i am not a "company man"..
i like to think of being indiviualistic !!!
and as you and i get older, well you know...

operating systems;
xp home & pro & linux plus vista & Win 7
laptop & pc's w/broadband IP.
Go to Top of Page

Mary
Operating Member

368 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2016 :  17:29:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
David,
How do I get rid of the lavender background on the Excel question so I can use it in my Q&A

Mary Phillips

Win 10 Lenovo G585 Model name: 20137 and Dell XPS 8300 i5-2320 300 Ghz 8GB memory & 64-bit OS
Go to Top of Page

D.Oliver

868 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2016 :  15:00:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mary.

The first thing that comes to mind is to copy the question mark icon and paste it into Paint. If micro$oft has done their job well, you can either erase the lavender background or change the color using the paint bucket and/or brush tool(s). Save the modified "?" and insert the picture file when you need a question mark.

The drawback is that there is going to be a background anyway. You will have to match it to the color of the document you paste is on. I'm sure someone has a better suggestion. I have never had need for this type of activity though.

David
I hate it when my computer does what I tell it to, and not what I want it to.
– Alan J. Perlis

Velocity Micro, Vista Ultimate 32-bit/SP2, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66Ghz, 4GBRam, 400GB HDD, 320MB nVidia 8800GTS, Networked, WiFi internet, 250 GB External Network HDD
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ICON Computer Users Group © Interactive Computer Owners' Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000