Photo editing software
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jim
Working Member

44 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2012 :  20:05:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am currently using Photoshop, but I need something simple for a novice user to load on another computer.
At one time I believe you were recommending Gemp. Is this still good, or is there better free stuff available?
What is your recommendation for free photo editing software?
I am running XP.
The user will probably be limited to cropping, printing, & loading to facebook. Source will probably be from Phone,Camera, and external drive.

Thanks

Jim

Mick
Administrator

1496 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2012 :  21:18:29  Show Profile  Visit Mick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I use the free-ware GIMP (Graphics Image Manipulation Program)
http://www.gimp.org/downloads/
This version even has a Photoshop look alike, using the menu,
Windows -> Single Window mode.
But GIMP is serious image editing software suitable for pretty advanced users. It has layers, color curves, blends, custom brushes, custom distortion tools, and a ton of other pretty advanced stuff that I dont understand.

But if this is for a real novice, why are you not using Paint? It does cropping and printing pretty well, dont know about Facebook...Try Paint first, it is really missing something you want to do, then look at GIMP.

ʞɔᴉƜ
Go to Top of Page

Mary
Operating Member

368 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2012 :  19:56:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Windows Live Photo Gallery is what Marion recommends, however, most printer programs come with a photo-editing program. Have you done a search for "Easy photo editing"?

Mary P

Win 7, 2.211 GHz and XP
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ICON Computer Users Group © Interactive Computer Owners' Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000