zola spradling-lutz
Participating Member

6 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2012 :  14:15:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Need info. on good anti virus protection,at a good price

D.Oliver

868 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2012 :  14:30:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Even though there are those who like the "for pay" anti-virus products out there, I (and many others) are quite satisfied with the performance of the "free" anti-virus products. A couple of examples are "Avast!" and "AVG."

As I use Avast! I can vouch for it's ability to stop any errant activity, whether it be on the internet, in email or from a file. It also protects from other sources like peer-to-peer, instant messaging, a network, scripts and program "behavior" characteristics (known as heuristics). As always, Avast! is free for personal use. All you need do is register your email address so they can send you the "key" and let you know to re-register in 14 months again. I have used Avast! since 1996 and have never had a problem with it.

David
I hate it when my computer does what I tell it to, and not what I want it to.
– Alan J. Perlis

Velocity Micro, Vista Ultimate 32-bit/SP2, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66Ghz, 4GBRam, 400GB HDD, 320MB nVidia 8800GTS, Networked, WiFi internet, 250 GB External Network HDD
Go to Top of Page

Nancy
Working Member

40 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2012 :  15:39:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have used AVG since it came out and have never had a virus or any other problem so many people seem to "catch". I have used Avast as well, back in the days when we were limited to one computer on each service and liked that as well. Don't feel I have to spend money on anti-virus when these are around. More dollars for tablets and gizmos!
Go to Top of Page

Margaret

66 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2012 :  07:38:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi I too believe that AVG and Advast are good. I also would suggest if you have ATT (higher priced service) that you look into their service which is Free. Mc Afee suite is furnished.

Margaret Schatz
Go to Top of Page

ozengr
Operating Member

214 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2012 :  19:55:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i've been advised avg slows up the processing too much, so have been on free advira for about 6 months.....seems to be working ok.
Go to Top of Page

zola spradling-lutz
Participating Member

6 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2012 :  20:34:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank all of You who responded to My inquire, about anti virus programs.
Zola
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ICON Computer Users Group © Interactive Computer Owners' Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000