gmail
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jimstewart
Operating Member

239 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2012 :  23:37:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the reason i use gmail very little is i never can find the gmail functions i want when i want them.
I want to add another mail address to gmail.
where and what do i look for and the sequence needed to accomplish that action?
thanks jim s.

operating systems;
xp home & pro & linux plus vista & Win 7
laptop & pc's w/broadband IP.

Mick
Administrator

1496 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2012 :  11:02:00  Show Profile  Visit Mick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As to finding the gmail functions, I have a little gear on the upper right of my Gmail window. If I click that, then click settings, there are lots of functions available, such as importing, forwarding, and filtering which you may find useful.

But when you say "add another mail address to my gmail", that is not clear. "Gmail" might mean the web page tool that you use to pick up and send your mail. But it might also mean your Gmail account, which includes all the storage, handling and processing that comes with an account.

If you want to have the Gmail page pick-up and display mail from an existing non-gmail account, like your Yahoo email, that might be available under Pop/IMAP settings depending on the type of service available on the other account (I have not tried this). But if you want to have an alternate gmail account, you cant add that there. Your Gmail is associated with your Google ID. you will have to exit Gmail, and sign out of Google, then go back to Gmail and sign up for a new account. It has been a long time since I did that, and I know of no way to "join" to Gmail accounts where mail to separate accounts show in the same window.

That is why I use an email "Client"--software on my computer that is programmed to go to various services, and pick-up my mail, and have organized and stored as I wish on my computer. Windows Mail, Outlook Express, and Thunderbird are examples of email Clients.

If this did not answer your question, maybe you could provide some detail, about what you really want to do, and I will try again. (just dont put email addresses on the forum, or you will get spam before you even get an account.)

ʞɔᴉƜ
Go to Top of Page

jimstewart
Operating Member

239 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2012 :  14:55:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mick your note about using thr gera then settings got me where i want, i think!!
now i want to add a second gmail address to my present gmail and send and receive emails with it in gmail.
Any answers to make this so i will review and use tomorrow at the brentwood icon center, with help!
thanks jim s.

operating systems;
Go to Top of Page

Mick
Administrator

1496 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2012 :  18:29:22  Show Profile  Visit Mick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I use Thunderbird. I don't know (short of logging off and back on) how to do 2 accounts within the Gmail web tool.

ʞɔᴉƜ
Go to Top of Page

jimstewart
Operating Member

239 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2013 :  22:21:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I finally set up a second gmail address. I have to use seperate web pages to send and receive the individual gmails.
Can somebody steer me how to set up a "mail client" is it to bring all my email address to the same in box?
I would appreciate suggestions which one to use for both linux "ubuntu" and ms "xp-vista-win7"
thanks jim s.

operating systems;
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ICON Computer Users Group © Interactive Computer Owners' Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000