Cannot Play DVD
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

joyce
Supporting Member

178 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2013 :  11:24:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have not tried before to play any DVD's on this rebuilt computer, but when I tried just now it tells me "Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because a compatible DVD recode is not installed on your computer." How do I do this?
Joyce Windows 98

Joyce
SBC JUNO DSL, WINDOWS XP

Mick
Administrator

1496 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2013 :  22:13:16  Show Profile  Visit Mick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Does not ring a bell Joyce. Maybe with a little more info? What is the DVD? a commercial movie? maybe with copy protection format? And the rebuilt computer--did it originally have some software that maybe did not get reinstalled after it was rebuilt? When I google the terms of your question, I get a lot of suggestions about Nero software.

ʞɔᴉƜ
Go to Top of Page

joyce
Supporting Member

178 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2013 :  23:36:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for responding, Mick. I have no idea what is on or not on this computer Marion had picked up somewhere and worked over. There are other "mysteries" about this one as well. I have another here I may switch to my son is using without internet connection and maybe do better with it. Hope to see many of the friends I have been missing by not getting to the sigs at the Christmas party Saturday.

Joyce
SBC JUNO DSL, WINDOWS XP
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ICON Computer Users Group © Interactive Computer Owners' Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000