Adobe Programs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pchelp
Operating Member

230 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2016 :  13:18:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Be careful when a notice comes up and ask you to update your Adobe program(s). A person got the notice and clicked on the update link, and now I am repairing her computer. A $100.00 mistake. If you get a notice to update Adobe, instead of clicking on the link, close your program and go directly to Adobe site (GET.ADOBE.COM) and select what Adobe program you need. No viruses that way. Just thought you might like to know.

Mick
Administrator

1496 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2016 :  23:25:19  Show Profile  Visit Mick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I tend to be very cautious when my computer wants Admin permission to install something unless I expect something being installed as a result of my direct action.

ʞɔᴉƜ
Go to Top of Page

pchelp
Operating Member

230 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2016 :  23:49:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You got the correct idea. If a request for an update comes up on any of my computers, I ALWAYS go to the site to get the update. Many times, there really is not an update.
Go to Top of Page

Mary
Operating Member

368 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2016 :  12:17:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds smart to me.

Win 7, 2.211 GHz and XP
Go to Top of Page

Mary
Operating Member

368 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2016 :  12:18:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just noticed I haven't updated my signature. Must do that.

Win 7, 2.211 GHz and XP
Go to Top of Page

pchelp
Operating Member

230 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2016 :  00:02:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A young lady that I know just lost her computer this afternoon by clicking on an Adobe update. She said it seemed to update correctly and after a reboot, the computer flashed a big red warning. She was to call this number and they would help her get her computer back up and running correctly, and all they needed was her credit card number and they would charge her only $250.00. She got scared and turned off her computer - now she is buying a new laptop for $125.00. BE CAREFUL out there in the WILD INTERNET!
Go to Top of Page

Gary

4 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2016 :  16:25:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pchelp

Be careful when a notice comes up and ask you to update your Adobe program(s). A person got the notice and clicked on the update link, and now I am repairing her computer. A $100.00 mistake. If you get a notice to update Adobe, instead of clicking on the link, close your program and go directly to Adobe site (GET.ADOBE.COM) and select what Adobe program you need. No viruses that way. Just thought you might like to know.

Go to Top of Page

Gary

4 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2016 :  16:28:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for that tip. gary
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ICON Computer Users Group © Interactive Computer Owners' Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000