Windows
 Update circus
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mick
Administrator

1496 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2016 :  13:17:56  Show Profile  Visit Mick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yesterday morn, before the meeting, got a reminder to restart to install updates. (I have mine set to not autoupdate, but to ask.) During the meeting Art discussed Win10 updates, so I thought it a strange coincidence, when I got home installed the update, and started up, got another notice to restart to install updates. I thought it strange, but when it claimed to need ANOTHER restart, I thought it weird, and refused. This morning I got another notice to restart, I refused, went to the Security & Update settings menu checked out the options, and a manual update. Over the course of 2 hours the PC restarted 3 times, claimed success, and booted VERY slowly, like 5 minutes, then advised that it was complete and "all my user files were in their original places". Spooky! A short look, looks ok, but I am watching it.

ʞɔᴉƜ

pchelp
Operating Member

230 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2016 :  14:18:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Nick
Was this on a Windows 7 computer or Windows 10? It sounds almost like the Windows Push that we talked about at the meeting. I had something similar happen with one of the Windows 10 computers that tried to do several up dates and said that they went through but did not. After many retries, I finally had to do a complete reformat with Windows 10.
What was your end result?
Hank
Go to Top of Page

Mick
Administrator

1496 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2016 :  14:58:59  Show Profile  Visit Mick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
it was win10, and fingers crossed, seems fine now.

ʞɔᴉƜ
Go to Top of Page

pchelp
Operating Member

230 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2016 :  18:06:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mick
What do you think it was?
Hank
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ICON Computer Users Group © Interactive Computer Owners' Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000