DO NOT turn computer OFF while updating
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pchelp
Operating Member

230 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2016 :  21:14:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another customer called me today and said that his computer was in the process of installing the UN-WANTED Windows 10 up-grade. He tried to stop it but couldn't, so he shut the computer down. Now the computer will not even boot. I could re-format his three year old computer, but instead he is just buying one of my All-in-Ones (cheaper for him and he gets a new computer with Windows 10 all prepped and ready to go) If this un-wanted Windows 10 happens to you, let it finish and when everything is working, roll it back to your old windows. You will have a better chance of everything working as expected. Just thought you would like to know.

Mick
Administrator

1496 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2016 :  10:12:21  Show Profile  Visit Mick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you positively do not want 10, look at this:
https://www.grc.com/never10.htm

I have followed the advice of Steve at GRC for many years re security. He also has a very enjoyable and educational podcast with Leo Laport at twit.tv (look for Security Now)

ʞɔᴉƜ
Go to Top of Page

pchelp
Operating Member

230 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2016 :  11:08:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mick
This does work, at least for the two computers that I put it on several months ago. They insist on keeping Windows 7 for as long as they can. We actually have it installed on one of my test computers. WORKS!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ICON Computer Users Group © Interactive Computer Owners' Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000