Error Message
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mary
Operating Member

368 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2016 :  16:47:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What program contains an ad blocker in Win 10? When I tried to go to Kelly Blue Book I kept getting a message to turn off my ad blocker but there is nothing in Programs & Features that I can identify as an ad blocker. I tried turning off Windows Defender and Windows Firewall. Nothing seems to work. I tried the Win 10 laptop -- same thing. Finally was able to get to kbb.com from my iPad.

The message I get is: http://dnserrorassist.att.net/search/?q=Kelly+Blue+Book&t=9
A similar message happens when I try to log onto the ICON website with anything other than iconusersgroup.org such as ICON Computer Users.

Win 10 Lenovo G585 Model name: 20137 and Dell XPS 8300 i5-2320 300 Ghz 8GB memory & 64-bit OS

Mick
Administrator

1496 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2016 :  20:53:43  Show Profile  Visit Mick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mary, I think Ad Blocking is a function of the Browser vs the OS. If you are using Edge, you might try using Chrome or Firefox. Also, the error-message sounds not like an adblockr, but a DNS error. As if att.net has a DNS error when you search for "kelly blue book". If you just go to kbb.com in your browser rather than searching for it, do you get the same problem?

quote:
Originally posted by Mary

What program contains an ad blocker in Win 10? When I tried to go to Kelly Blue Book I kept getting a message to turn off my ad blocker but there is nothing in Programs & Features that I can identify as an ad blocker. I tried turning off Windows Defender and Windows Firewall. Nothing seems to work. I tried the Win 10 laptop -- same thing. Finally was able to get to kbb.com from my iPad.

The message I get is: http://dnserrorassist.att.net/search/?q=Kelly+Blue+Book&t=9
A similar message happens when I try to log onto the ICON website with anything other than iconusersgroup.org such as ICON Computer Users.

Win 10 Lenovo G585 Model name: 20137 and Dell XPS 8300 i5-2320 300 Ghz 8GB memory & 64-bit OS

ʞɔᴉƜ
Go to Top of Page

Mary
Operating Member

368 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2016 :  14:56:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As of today, everything works (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge, and Firefox). Both the search feature for Kelley Blue Book and kbb.com.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ICON Computer Users Group © Interactive Computer Owners' Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000