WARNING - Obama's memories
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pchelp
Operating Member

230 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2017 :  19:29:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Be careful about logging into any place that is offering a history or memories of Pres. Obama. Two people that I know have clicked on a page that was supposed to have a photo history of him and instead got their computers hi-jacked. BE CAREFUL!

Mary
Operating Member

368 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2017 :  19:29:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks,
Mary

Win 10 Lenovo G585 Model name: 20137 and Dell XPS 8300 i5-2320 300 Ghz 8GB memory & 64-bit OS
Go to Top of Page

Mick
Administrator

1496 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2017 :  22:14:15  Show Profile  Visit Mick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Any leads on how folks wind up getting to these bad sites? Something they Googled for, or a link in an email forwarded from a "friend".

ʞɔᴉƜ
Go to Top of Page

pchelp
Operating Member

230 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2017 :  23:38:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The first one that I had to work on came from a link on Yahoo.com. The person hyper linked and that was it. The second came from an email that her sister sent. After we got into her computer, it was not her sister that sent the email with attachment. Her sisters computer was hacked and the bad guys was using her computer as a jumper. Fixed another buy just selling them a new computer, one of those $150.00 little computers. Worked on two more today which we could trace back to other countries. Will have to keep an eye on Mr. Trumps emails now.
Go to Top of Page

Mick
Administrator

1496 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2017 :  13:29:41  Show Profile  Visit Mick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I guess so. More attacks recently, most from other countries, new president intensely disliked by the rest of the world... Keep your head down, and scripts blocked.

On the other hand, I just found a source of video entertainment:
https://www.filmon.com/tv/fotv-usa
The have a lot free (with commercials) and a lot of subscription only. My experience is the sites you pay-for are less likely to be crooked. Too early to recommend, but I enjoyed the old 1950s documentary on the story of gasoline. (they have hundreds of documentaries on everything.)

ʞɔᴉƜ
Go to Top of Page

pchelp
Operating Member

230 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2017 :  14:59:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just got back from another computer replacement. This time the older gentleman was checking out some young girls from Russia and he got hit with a lock down. They actually stole his password(s), changed his e-mail, and was trying to break into his bank account. He has USAA as his bank and double password. Luckly, the could not get the second pass identity. He was running Windows 7, now he has a new computer, new emails and all new passwords. He is a happy person again. Windows 7 seems to be having much more problems than Windows 10. Or maybe it is just the older computers.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ICON Computer Users Group © Interactive Computer Owners' Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000